tt75 custom turntable

The main audio source of my small diy hi-fi system, is certainly the turntable and not the CD-Player, mainly because i've got a lot more LP's than compact discs! The first idea was about restoring my good old Lenco L75/S, but not like i did with my Thorens TD160 mkI, this time i want a more original project, by recycling some pieces of the Lenco. Here's the feature list of the tt75:

-the plinth of the turntable should be heavy, made of MDF
-the platter and bearing system is the one of the Lenco that is, in my opinion, very good and well built
-the turntable is belt-driven instead of the original idler-wheel system
-the tonearm is the one of the L75/S, mounted on a board decoupled from the plinth by some rubber shock absorbers that i've found on a broken CD-Rom unit
-the motor is mounted on a board uncoupled from the plinth
-33RPM only (i'll use the Thorens for 45's)
-the turntable should be painted in ivory color, like the other diy audio stuff

Here you can see the Lenco before the disassembly process...

The first step: make a small draft, just to have an idea of what is needed and how to proceed with the construction.

Then i've bought five boards of MDF measuring 430x350x19mm each. Now i've to draw on the boards the areas to cut, the points where the spindle should be placed and so on...

Well... it's time to warm up the electric saw and cut some wood!
It's very important to be as precise as possible, because the five boards should be glued together, later. Each layer has its own custom features:
1: the lower layer, without any hole
2: same as before
3: room for the tonearm, electric motor and the needed electrical connections
4: room for the tonearm, electric motor (bigger than the one on the previous layer)
5: room for the platter, the tonearm and electric motor

Layer no. 4 and 5 waiting for the glue to dry...

Here i've glued together the layer 1 and 2, then 3 with 4+5 to obtain this:

The last step was to glue 1+2 to 3+4+5 and drill the needed hole for the platter bearings. Now for the first time i've got my turntable running (well... yes... "hand-driven"...), nothing went wrong, very very good!

Unfortunately i had to use some filler to correct some imperfections. as you can see... after that i've used the electric sander to smooth down all superficial defects and started to paint my brand new toy ;-)